YVWA Variable Speed Screw Chiller
125-300 TR (440-1055 kW)
The YVWA Water-cooled, Variable-speed Screw Chiller was designed for efficiency, flexibility, sustainability and peace-of-mind.
- Variable-speed drive
- Hybrid falling-film evaporator
- Smart, connected technology
This flexible unit can handle high-lift applications with the highest efficiencies available.
Superior energy performance reduces refrigerant charge up to 30% and utility emissions as much as 30%.
Variable-speed drive constantly tunes the compressor speed to meet exact lift and load requirements.
- Ideal for comfort and process cooling, glycol chilling, heat recovery and heat pump applications
- Uses R-134a refrigerant
- Compatible with open- or closed-circuit cooling towers, dry air coolers or adiabatic coolers
- Heat pump to 150°F (66°C)
- Helps LEED® projects earn the Energy and Atmosphere Credit 4 (EAc4)
- Variations of condenser and evaporator arrangements, alternative compressor head ratios, sound reduction kits and controls schemes are available
- Stable operation with entering condenser water temperatures 30°F (16.7°C) below leaving chilled water set point
- Fully integrated, lubrication-free and oil-free design
- Offers exceptional efficiency with below 0.100 kW/ton at part load
- With variable-speed drive, a variable-geometry diffuser and magnetic-bearing technology YORK® YZ delivers up to 35% annual energy savings versus traditional, fixed-speed, oil-bearing chillers
- Magnetic-bearing driveline offers outstanding reliability and 80% fewer moving parts than traditional oil- or refrigerant-lubricated drivelines
- Robust and reliable high-speed, hermetic induction motor reduces maintenance
- Patented YORK® liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive technology
- Screw compressors designed and manufactured by Johnson Controls
- Patented, stepped VI (volume ratio) technology to match compressor operation to conditions
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the face of real-world variables, where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- With the OptiSpeed™ Drive, energy consumption can be as low as .20 kW/TR, reducing annual energy costs by as much as 30%
- Earn LEED® Points with credits for Energy and Atmosphere (EAc1) and for Enhanced Refrigerant Management (EAc4)