YZ Magnetic Bearing Centrifugal Chiller
150-2,020 TR (530-7,104 kW)
The YORK® YZ challenges conventional, water-cooled chiller design to deliver superior performance, lower cost of ownership and a new definition of sustainability.
- Innovative design with magnetic-bearing driveline
- Variable-speed drive centrifugal compressor
- Low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerant R-1233zd(E)
Fully Optimized for Ultimate Performance
The YORK® YZ provides better efficiency at every operating condition, making it the quickest way to save money in your building’s budget.
YORK® YZ delivers lower maintenance costs with magnetic bearing technology that uses fewer moving parts and eliminates lubrication needs.
Smart Connected Chiller technology uses remote monitoring and predictive analytics to proactively diagnose issues and reduce downtime.
Optimized design for the highest efficiency and a low-GWP refrigerant make the YORK® YZ Centrifugal Chiller the best choice for the environment.
- With variable-speed drive, a variable-geometry diffuser and magnetic-bearing technology YORK® YZ delivers up to 35% annual energy savings versus traditional, fixed-speed, oil-bearing chillers
- Robust and reliable high-speed, hermetic induction motor reduces maintenance
- This low-pressure chiller has been fully optimized around R-1233zd(E), which has a GWP of 1 and an A1 ASHRAE safety classification
- Data can be securely connected to analytics platform for remote monitoring and predictive diagnostics
- Patented capacity control technology provides rapid response to the load on the building, ensuring the YZ does not waste energy or work harder than needed
- Magnetic-bearing driveline offers outstanding reliability and 80% fewer moving parts than traditional oil- or refrigerant-lubricated drivelines
- Optimized, single-stage compressor design provides best real-world energy efficiency and the widest operating range at off-design conditions
- OptiView™ Control Panel with connected service offers 100 set points, readouts, alerts, trending reports and more
- Patented falling-film evaporator design reduces refrigerant charge up to 60%, and reduces evaporator shell size up to 20%
Not All Oil Free Centrifugal Chillers Are Created Equal
Dependable Operation With Faster Recovery
Revolutionary Design and Ultimate Performance
- Stable operation with entering condenser water temperatures 30°F (16.7°C) below leaving chilled water set point
- Fully integrated, lubrication-free and oil-free design
- Offers exceptional efficiency with below 0.100 kW/ton at part load
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the face of real-world variables, where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- With the OptiSpeed™ Drive, energy consumption can be as low as .20 kW/TR, reducing annual energy costs by as much as 30%
- Earn LEED® Points with credits for Energy and Atmosphere (EAc1) and for Enhanced Refrigerant Management (EAc4)
- Uses R-134a refrigerant
- Economized refrigeration cycle to extend capacity and improve efficiency
- OptiView™ Control Center continuously monitors system operation
- Two YORK® centrifugal compressors operating in parallel on a common set of heat exchanger shells
- OptiSound™ Control standard
- Full-color OptiView™ Control Center for control management at your fingertip