YORK® YMC² Magnetic Bearing Technology Case Study: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.Increase Energy Savings, Reduce Maintenance
YORK® Chillers Deliver Energy Savings for Sustainable Brewer
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. was founded in 1980 in Chico, California, near the majestic mountain range that inspired its name. Since its inception, the progressive, resourceful brewery, known for creating some of the country’s finest craft beers, has been passionate about sustainability and consciously mindful of its environmental footprint.
Compounding the need for an upgrade, the mechanical room was located beneath an entertainment facility on the company’s grounds, and noise from the old chillers cycling on and off had become a distraction during events.
The four, 235-ton (825-kW) YORK® YMC² Magnetic Centrifugal Chillers were installed at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. estimated to be 50% more efficient than the existing equipment.
- Increased energy savings
- Reduced natural gas consumption
- Reduced maintenance and downtime
For more details, download a PDF version of this case study.
YORK® YMC² Chiller Features
- Industry-leading, low-entering condenser water temperatures maximize efficiency and deliver as low as 0.175 kW/TR at full capacity and below 0.1 kW/ton at part load
- A wide operating range provides versatility to meet the needs of various applications
- Fully integrated YORK® chiller design provides reliable operation and reduces the need for maintenance
- Minimized sound levels as low as 70 dBA provide unobtrusive operation
Enhance your building performance with YORK® chillers.Contact Our Product Experts
- YORK® YMC² Magnetic Centrifugal Chillers
- Johnson Controls Central Plant Optimization™ 10 software, powered by Metasys®