YK Centrifugal Chiller
250-3,000 TR (880-10,550 kW)
From schools to data centers, this water-cooled, centrifugal chiller delivers flexibility, performance and efficiency to any facility.
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the real world where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- Lower installation, operating and maintenance costs
- Advanced innovations, like a variable-speed drive, falling-film evaporator and OptiView™ Control Center
Lower installation, operating and maintenance costs with system design choices that pay off in less than one year.
We engineered an unprecedented array of innovations into an integrated design that delivers superior performance with efficiencies as low as 0.20 kW/ton (17.6 COP).
We combine the highest level of application engineering support, controls software programming expertise and mechanical system experience to meet your challenges.
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the face of real-world variables, where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- Earn LEED® Points with credits for Energy and Atmosphere (EAc1) and for Enhanced Refrigerant Management (EAc4)
- Heat-recovery option available in units up to 2,800 TR (7,000 kW) can provide 1,200 to 40,000 MBH of heat
- Chillers equipped with the Quick Start feature can restart in as few as 25 seconds in the event of a failure after emergency power is established
- With the OptiSpeed™ Drive, energy consumption can be as low as .20 kW/TR, reducing annual energy costs by as much as 30%
- Falling-film evaporator reduces refrigerant charge up to 40%
- OptiView™ Control Center ensures optimum performance and easy operation
Dependable Operation With Quick Start
Heat Pump Capability
- With variable-speed drive, a variable-geometry diffuser and magnetic-bearing technology YORK® YZ delivers up to 35% annual energy savings versus traditional, fixed-speed, oil-bearing chillers
- Magnetic-bearing driveline offers outstanding reliability and 80% fewer moving parts than traditional oil- or refrigerant-lubricated drivelines
- Robust and reliable high-speed, hermetic induction motor reduces maintenance
- Uses R-134a refrigerant
- Economized refrigeration cycle to extend capacity and improve efficiency
- OptiView™ Control Center continuously monitors system operation
- Variable-speed driver delivers superior performance at both design and off-design conditions for higher efficiency
- Application flexibility of the chiller handles a wide range of leaving- and entering-chilled-water temperatures, fluid flows and steam conditions
- Modular configuration provides maximum flexibility, customization and compact footprint
- Two YORK® centrifugal compressors operating in parallel on a common set of heat exchanger shells
- OptiSound™ Control standard
- Full-color OptiView™ Control Center for control management at your fingertip