YST Steam Turbine Centrifugal Chiller
700-2800 TR (2460-9850 kW)
Greater efficiency and reduced emissions make the YORK® YST Steam Chiller the green solution for large combined-heating-and-power (CHP) plants.
- Wide range of leaving and entering-chilled-water temperatures, fluid flows and steam conditions
- Variable-speed drive for class-leading, off-design performance
- OptiView™ Control Center for easy operation and optimum performance
Designed to Use Your CHP Plant's Full Potential
Variable-speed drive offers seamless performance, allowing the chiller to operate at the highest efficiency.
The OptiView™ Control Center ensures optimum performance, and its graphical panel makes operation easy and intuitive.
The YST has a wide range of temperatures, fluid flows and steam conditions, and its compact, modular configuration allows customization.
Low-maintenance, highly reliable and long service life. You can always count on our global service organization to maximize your savings.
- Variable-speed driver delivers superior performance at both design and off-design conditions for higher efficiency
- Modular configuration provides maximum flexibility, customization and compact footprint
- Low noise as chiller operates at significantly reduced sound levels compared to many electric chillers
- Application flexibility of the chiller handles a wide range of leaving- and entering-chilled-water temperatures, fluid flows and steam conditions
- Mix-and-match components ensure proper fit and prompt delivery
- OptiView™ Control Center displays steam conditions and automatically determines efficiencies by presenting more data in the friendliest possible way
Optiview™ Control Center
Video: YORK YST Chiller Installation at York University Central Utility Building – Keele Campus
- Innovative YORK® two-step evaporator and absorber design enhances absorption of the refrigerant into the concentrated solution, reducing overall pressure and risks of crystallization.
- Lower pressure steam into the generator can be used to drive the absorption cycle for higher system efficiency.
- Solution plate heat exchanger optimizes efficiency by enabling effective heat transfer between the diluted and the concentrated lithium-bromide solutions.
- Two-step evaporator and absorber design enhances absorption of the refrigerant into the concentrated solution, reducing overall pressure.
- Parallel flow cycle enables lower lithium bromide solution concentrations, reducing crystallization risk and the potential for corrosion.
- Variable-frequency drive (VFD) solution pump provides superior part-load performance to reduce steam consumption versus constant-speed pumps.
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the face of real-world variables, where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- With the OptiSpeed™ Drive, energy consumption can be as low as .20 kW/TR, reducing annual energy costs by as much as 30%
- Earn LEED® Points with credits for Energy and Atmosphere (EAc1) and for Enhanced Refrigerant Management (EAc4)
- Uses zero-ODP, R-134a or R-513A refrigerant
- Industrial, reliable, long-lasting proven design
- Custom multi-stage chiller with flexible options of steam turbine or electric motor with variable speed drive