YVAA Variable Speed Drive Screw Chiller
150-575 TR (525 - 2,020 kW)
With more than 22,000 units installed and proven globally, the YVAA VSD screw chiller has excelled in a variety of applications.
- Customizable for specific job requirements
- Patented, liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive technology
- Available for performance testing in an AHRI-certified lab
Proven Globally. Tailored for You.
Reduce annual energy costs as much as 50% with a liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive for lowest kW/ton at design and off-design conditions.
An efficient motor design provides a wide operating range while refrigerant cooling and thermal protection increase compressor reliability.
The YVAA can be tailored and tuned to match the capacity, efficiency, sound and footprint of specific applications.
- Patented YORK® liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive technology
- Patented, stepped VI (volume ratio) technology to match compressor operation to conditions
- Class-leading standard operating range of -10°F to 131°F
- Performance testing on all units in AHRI-certified lab
- 150-500 TR, 524-1750 kW
- Screw compressors designed and manufactured by Johnson Controls
- Reduced energy consumption through reduced refrigerant compression
- Patented hybrid falling film evaporator and microchannel condenser coil
- Optional Quick Start feature
Because YVAA chillers contain a variable-speed drive, there is no inrush of current. As a result, all compressors can be started together. This allows a faster ramp-up to full capacity than possible with a typical chiller.
Proven Compressor Technology
- Packaged controls for single-point convenience to easily accommodate process or building changes
- Intelligent controls also optimize the balance between using fans to move air over the free-cooling coils
- Variable-frequency inverter technology enables a zero-inrush soft start and a high-displacement power factor across the entire operating range
- Integrated compressor VSD standard with 50% fewer moving parts
- Excellent capacity control, high power factor and soft start
- Easy access to display and control features via control display access door
- Standard ambient range up to 125°F
- Optional hot-gas bypass
- Optional factory-mounted hydronic-pump kit
- Industry-leading IPLV with variable-speed drive fans
- Optimized compressor for better part-load efficiency
- Building automation system (BAS) communications