YVAA Variable Speed Drive Screw Chiller
150-575 TR (525 - 2,020 kW)
With more than 22,000 units installed and proven globally, the YVAA VSD screw chiller has excelled in a variety of applications.
- Optimized design, more flexibility with maximum performance and a smaller footprint
- New peak levels of full and part load efficiencies, advanced technologies, MCHX Condenser coils and EC Fans
- Modern architecture provides an expanded capacity set to utilize low GWP refrigerants and reduce sound levels
Proven Globally. Tailored for You.
Reduce annual energy costs as much as 50% with a liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive for lowest kW/ton at design and off-design conditions.
An efficient motor design provides a wide operating range while refrigerant cooling and thermal protection increase compressor reliability.
The YVAA can be tailored and tuned to match the capacity, efficiency, sound and footprint of specific applications.
More flexibility and configuration options for maximum performance with a smaller footprint.
New peak levels of full and part load efficiency for a wide range of applications with use of advanced technologies including next generation MCHX condenser coils and EC Fans
- Patented YORK® liquid-cooled, variable-speed drive technology
- Patented, stepped VI (volume ratio) technology to match compressor operation to conditions
- Class-leading standard operating range of -10°F to 131°F
- Performance testing on all units in AHRI-certified lab
- 150-500 TR, 524-1750 kW
- Screw compressors designed and manufactured by Johnson Controls
- Reduced energy consumption through reduced refrigerant compression
- Patented hybrid falling film evaporator and microchannel condenser coil
- Optional Quick Start feature
Tailored Solution for a Variety of Applications
The YVAA air-cooled, variable-speed drive screw chiller from YORK® is designed to improve reliability and performance through proven technology and a customizable, highly optimized design. Installed across the globe, the YVAA offers a tailored solution for a broad range of applications. Patented, variable volume index (VI) technology improves part-load efficiency while a standard operating range of up to 131°F makes the YVAA a great choice in a variety of applications. With optional Quick Start technology, the YVAA air-cooled screw chiller is the more reliable, lower maintenance solution for high-efficiency cooling.
YVAA chillers at Budapest One
Budapest One is a groundbreaking office complex consisting of 66,500 square feet of office park with a unique facade and structural design located at Őrmező, Budapest's “western gate”. The area contains Hungary's largest multimodal transport intersection. In collaboration with developer Futureal, we delivered an innovative and efficient HVAC solution to ensure the building is comfortably cooled. With the installation of 10 best-in-class YVAA chillers and the central OpenBlue management system, we continue to optimize energy consumption while reducing costs.
Because YVAA chillers contain a variable-speed drive, there is no inrush of current. As a result, all compressors can be started together. This allows a faster ramp-up to full capacity than possible with a typical chiller.
Proven Compressor Technology
- Packaged controls for single-point convenience to easily accommodate process or building changes
- Intelligent controls also optimize the balance between using fans to move air over the free-cooling coils
- Variable-frequency inverter technology enables a zero-inrush soft start and a high-displacement power factor across the entire operating range
- Integrated compressor VSD standard with 50% fewer moving parts
- Excellent capacity control, high power factor and soft start
- Easy access to display and control features via control display access door
- Standard ambient range up to 125°F
- Optional hot-gas bypass
- Optional factory-mounted hydronic-pump kit
- Industry-leading IPLV with variable-speed drive fans
- Optimized compressor for better part-load efficiency
- Building automation system (BAS) communications