YMC² Magnetic Bearing Centrifugal Chiller
165-1,000 TR (580-3,516 kW)
The YORK® YMC² chiller reduces energy consumption and increases efficiency via advanced design and active magnetic-bearing technology.
- Lubrication-free operation
- Wide operating range to meet the needs of various applications
- Exceptional performance to reduce energy costs
Advancing Chiller Technology
Exceptional efficiency means the YMC² uses less energy, lowering operating costs. And fewer moving parts means lower maintenance costs.
An unequaled range of operation allows for continuous performance under conditions that would normally shut down other chillers.
The full chiller design results in very low sound levels.
YMC² chiller offers compact design with a shell option of 8 feet.
- Stable operation with entering condenser water temperatures 30°F (16.7°C) below leaving chilled water set point
- Offers exceptional efficiency with below 0.100 kW/ton at part load
- Less complex magnetic-bearing technology for superior reliability and performance compared to refrigerant-lubricated, ceramic ball bearings
- Fully integrated, lubrication-free and oil-free design
- Lower total cost of ownership, competitive first cost, low maintenance and operating costs thanks to fewer moving parts
- YMC² is OSPHP seismic certified to meet seismic safety requirements
More control – More protection – Better recordsLearn More about YORK Chiller Access Manager
- With variable-speed drive, a variable-geometry diffuser and magnetic-bearing technology YORK® YZ delivers up to 35% annual energy savings versus traditional, fixed-speed, oil-bearing chillers
- Magnetic-bearing driveline offers outstanding reliability and 80% fewer moving parts than traditional oil- or refrigerant-lubricated drivelines
- Robust and reliable high-speed, hermetic induction motor reduces maintenance
- Ideal for comfort and process cooling, glycol chilling, heat recovery and heat pump applications
- Heat pump to 150°F (66°C)
- Uses R-134a refrigerant
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the face of real-world variables, where 99% of the cooling season is spent in off-design conditions
- With the OptiSpeed™ Drive, energy consumption can be as low as .20 kW/TR, reducing annual energy costs by as much as 30%
- Earn LEED® Points with credits for Energy and Atmosphere (EAc1) and for Enhanced Refrigerant Management (EAc4)
- Uses R-134a refrigerant
- Economized refrigeration cycle to extend capacity and improve efficiency
- OptiView™ Control Center continuously monitors system operation